Extension of the FPR 2020 programme – topic: Bark beetle calamity and the role of the forest
Dear visitors to the Forum,
we have news for you! We have been able to invite experts of global importance to our Partner Regions Forum 2020, who focus on the topic of forest, water circulation in the landscape and climate change! We have therefore added to the program a whole conference block entitled "Bark beetle calamity and the role of the forest in climate and water circulation", which will deal in detail with these topics.
You can look forward to the following personalities and topics of discussion:
- Stanislav Janský (Česká republika) – Lesnictví v České republice
- Anastassia M. Makarieva (Russia)- The role of the forest in Euro-Asia precipitation with emphasis on Central Europe. Transport of moisture from the ocean to the mainland. The effect of deforestation on the development of precipitation and the dynamics of the atmosphere
- Nadir Erbilgin (Canada) - Bark beetle biology and experience with the bark beetle in large areas of Canada
- Petr Doležal (Czech rep.)- New findings in bark beetle research
- Douglas Sheil (Ireland) - Forest, atmospheric water and an uncertain future: a new biology of the global water cycle
- Jan Pokorný (Czech rep.) + Michal Kravčík (Slovak rep.) - changes in landscape cover and temperature changes in relation to water circulation, consequences of deforestation and drainage of the landscape on rainfall, water circulation + practical proposals for maintaining water in the landscape for the South Bohemian region
Follow the website for more information in the coming days.
We are looking forward to our meeting from our virtual studio!